Seoul is generally warm and pleasant in May. The average daily temperature is 18.2°C(64.7°F), reaching as high as 23.6°C(74.4°F) and as low as 13.7°C(56.7°F). The average precipitation is 102.2mm, and it rains for an average of eight days.
- The denomination of the Korean Won is in coins of 10, 50, 100, 500 won and bills of 1,000, 5,000, 10,000 and 50,000 won.
- The exchange rate is 1USD=approx. 1,054KRW (As of April 8, 2014).
- Most currencies can be exchanged into Korean Won in major hotels, exchange booths, and banks. For your information, a bank is located on 1F of the Main Building of the National Assembly.
- Travelers’ checks and major credit cards are accepted in most hotels and stores.
- ATMs are installed in all official hotels and at the Main Building.
The power voltage is AC220V/60Hz, and two in-line holed sockets and two round-pinned plugs are used. Please inquire at the hotel concierge to rent or purchase adapters. Adapters can also be easily purchased at convenient stores.
The standard time for the Republic of Korea is UTC/GMT+9.
Please be informed that the main meeting venue, dining rooms and in-door event venues of the World e-Parliament Conference 2014 are all non-smoking.
The country code for the Republic of Korea is ‘82’ and the area code for Seoul is ‘02’. When making an international call from the Republic of Korea, please press’001’, ‘002’ or ‘00700’ prior to the country code and telephone number.
Important Phone Numbers
- Inter-Parliamentary Conference Division (National Assembly of the Republic of Korea): 02) 788-2978
- In case of fire or emergency: 119
- Police: 112
- Dasan call center (information on tourism and transportation): 120
- Free interpretation services: 1588-5644